Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School

Well, here I am again at the beginning of the school year. Actually, come to think of it, I haven't been in school in the Fall since before Steven and I got married. So perhaps I should say, "Here I am again at the beginning of the semester." Ok, I'm done arguing with myself. :)

I am glad to be at school but slightly less motivated because I thought I would be already starting my methods. Unfortunately, I found out that while my GPA isn't completely awful, combined with my transfer GPA from Texas A&M (which was terrible), I do not yet qualify for methods. So I'm retaking two classes this semester to bring up my GPA and finishing my history classes for my major. So I have two history classes and two English classes. Then, Lord willing, I will do my methods in the Spring and my student teaching next fall and THEN...... graduation Dec. 2009. This produces a huge, major, gigantic *SIGH* from me because I am so very sick of not having a degree. I'm really not tired of school (probably a good thing since I'm going to be a teacher) but I am so tired of working so hard and long, and still not having a degree. And tied to the degree is the hope for more money which means more stability, blah, blah, blah. I was really hoping to be done with college May 2009 so that I would have a better chance at getting a teaching position. I do not regret marrying my husband when I did but our struggles have hinged upon neither of us having college diplomas. But I will say again as I have often said, I probably wouldn't even have finished school if it weren't for Steven. He gave me renewed hope and motivation, as well as showing me what I could be capable of. He's so wonderful!

Speaking of my wonderful husband, he and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday. Unfortunately it fell on the first day of classes for me so we didn't get to do much. I made a lasagna and we had a small red velvet cake for after dinner. Steven was really sweet and set the table with candles and wine. He's such a good husband!

School is back in session which means I should be reading. Here we go again!

3 comments:

CAB said...

Happy Anniversary and best wishes in school this fall!

Latane Barton said...

Proud of your accomplishments, Amanda. And, proud too of that sweet husband for being there for you and encouraging you.

Amanda Deardorff said...

thank you both so much!!!