Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quick note before church...

I told someone recently that it feels like my blog has become hospital and school updates lately. I guess that just happens sometimes. Anyway, I'm making a hospital update this morning.

My dad has been acting really strange lately and wanting to sleep non-stop. He usually sleeps a lot but lately he can't keep his eyes open for any length of time. He's even stopped eating because he's too tired. So my mom took him to the emergency room (I told her they should just give her an express lane) and he is back in the hospital. He has another (I think the same) UTI and they are going to re-evaluate his medication. I have voiced my opinion in the past about Huntsville Memorial Hospital and I continue to be reaffirmed in my dislike of their practices. I said all along they let him out too early last time and that I felt they hadn't really found the problem. After moving away from Huntsville, I increasingly feel that the quality of service in the town in general is sub-standard. I never realized it while I lived there but now I see it in the school system, the restaurant and retail industries, and the hospital. I wish my parents would consider moving away because I think their quality of life could be so much better. But they just bought a new house in Huntsville that my mother insists is just what she needs. blah...

I'll jump off of my soap box because I have to get ready for church. I wouldn't normally ever post before church but today, I don't have to make dinner because I did it yesterday. woohoo! I just have to pack it in my dinner box and I'm done!

4 comments:

Anne said...

We will keep your dad in our prayers. Would they consider driving him to The Woodlands? There's either a St.Luke's or Methodist there, I can't remember which one. Both of those are great hospitals, though.

Amanda Deardorff said...

With my mom taking care of both my grandmother and my dad and working full time, I think it would be too difficult. My mom wouldn't be able to be with my dad at all. I just want them to move away from Huntsville altogether but that won't happen any time soon because my mom can't retire for a while. Thank you for your prayers!

Bethany said...

Your dad is in my prayers. I love you and your family SO very much and I hope your parents move from Hunstville too!! <3

G to the A said...

woohoo! I am unstoppable now!