Friday, March 7, 2008

Spring break Snow-Day

Ok, technically it isn't a snow day because school wasn't canceled (sigh) but how surprised was I when I walked to my car this morning in the middle of a snow shower! Is it called a shower when it snows? I'm from Texas - I don't know these things! The snow was really pretty but it was only sticking to the car so I still had to drive an hour to school today to hand in my two projects and am now waiting for my noon class to take my last mid-term. I keep hoping the professor with cancel it but, I really doubt it. I can hope though. After all, his attendance record is very poor. The difference in today is, it would benefit me more if there were no class today because then spring break would begin now!

So like my family in North Texas, we have had some snow. Ours just didn't accumulate like theirs. The fields were turning white though. The grass and trees must be cold enough. I've never seen the snow falling in Texas like it was. The most I've seen in Texas was mixed with rain so this was a new experience. I got to see a storm in Des Moines but that's completely different. They have snow coming out of their ears for most of the winter. I really wish it would have stuck though. Today would have been a perfect day to miss school. I'm sounding like the kids that kept calling the radio this morning for school cancellations! Of course, no school next week so that's good.

Which brings me to the fact that as of 1:00 pm, I am officially on Spring Break! YAY! No school, no commute, no triplets for a week! I love the kids - I just need a break. I am so ready. Not to mention that Steven and I leave for Colorado next Wednesday!!!!! How wonderful!

Tomorrow we go to Huntsville to help my m0m move though. I love her so much, I just wish she would quit moving. Every time she says it's the last. And it would be different if she didn't keep absolutely everything. She has so much stuff. She wonders why I'm a pack-rat. Since I married Steven, I am much less so, but I still have my "collections."I learned from the Master!

Happy spring break to those who have them. Everyone else - have a great week!

0 comments: