Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Long time gone...

It has been a long time since I posted so I will do a quick "chetchup" as my triplets say. So much is going on right now with school that I'm pretty stretched as far as time goes. The end of the semester is coming and I'm counting down the days! So I'll divide this post to try to cover everything.

Spring Break: It was fabulous!!! Going to the mountains was a great experience, as always. Steven took a lot of good pictures that I will try to put up when I can. Unfortunately our camera got smashed on one of our last days of our trip. It will still take pictures but you can't view them on the screen. It took the brunt of the smashing. The flash doesn't work either so we will have to replace the camera whenever funds permit. (it will be a while....)
Visiting the family was so good. Makiko is a precious, precious baby. I got to hold her quite a bit, and for this I am so grateful. Seeing Melissa made me realize that we share something that shouldn't be taken for granted. She's so special to me. It really doesn't matter how long we have been apart, we can still laugh (hard) at absolutely nothing and everything at the same time like we always have. Leaving her was probably the most emotional part of the trip because we have shared so much together growing up, as teenagers and as adults in college. And we share tastes apparently because the new couch she and Hai just bought is the same design as our couches we got when we first were married! That was a funny coincidence. Or was it a coincidence? oooOOOooo!
The trip was great and as all vacations I go on, I am not content when I get home. I am not satisfied and still want to be going places and doing things other than work and school. sigh... but now I have graduation to look forward to, which leads me to.....

School: School is pretty good these days, just very, very busy. I'm enjoying it in a way that I never have. This is by far my hardest semester but it's my best as well. I'm doing better than I ever have. I pray I can keep up this momentum over the next year. I was advised last week and found out I will graduate August 2009, just a year and a few months away!!! If I weren't getting my teaching certificate I would graduate this december but I need my certificate. I actually want to do something that deals with history or english so I'll stay the extra semester to get my certificate. Plus, College Station is opening a new high-school next year!!! This would be a great opportunity for us! So I'm counting down the days to the end of the semester, and the months to graduation and a "real" job.

Family: The family is good. Daddy was in the hospital for a week because of his legs but he seems to be doing much better. The last I talked to him, he was in good spirits and was feeling motivated to make some changes. He actually quit dipping snuff COLD TURKEY! This was a major, major event that I am thankful to have witnessed. He had been dipping for well over 20 years. Yay Daddy! I got to spend a day with him in the hospital and we had some really good talks about some research I've been wanting to do about the church. Hopefully that will develop into something fruitful. We'll see.

Gotta run to class as always!!!

0 comments: