Sunday, June 1, 2008

Last FAFSA!

I just filled out my very last FAFSA! I didn't even think about how it was my last time until I was done. How exciting is that?! It's a small step to graduation, but a step none-the-less. Only 14 months to go!

Last night I talked to my friend Luke. I hadn't talked to him since spring break. I love him so much. We were very close in highschool but really became close just after. Talking to him is so great but it also makes me realize how different our lives have become. He is in Ohio (about to graduate! yay Luke!) and will be moving to New York to begin his career as an actor. I am in Texas (still) and in school (still). Don't get me wrong, I love my life. It's just interesting to reflect on how people's paths cross and separate during a lifetime. He'll always be a friend I can call and someone I'll keep in contact with my whole life, I hope. I feel a tinge of sadness when I think of how far apart we are these days.

I do love my life, I want to make that clear. But every year about this time when the outside temperature is reaching eleventy-million degrees, I think of how I don't know if I can live in Texas my whole life. At this point, my family is here and that is the main reason I would not want to move. Of course, school for both Steven and me is here, and that's another big reason we live in Texas. But gosh darnit! It is so hot!!!! It also doesn't help that I keep watching "Under the Tuscan Sun" and dreaming of living in Bramasole on the the Italian countryside. Of course, as an ardent patriot, I could only live permenantly in the United States. Perhaps when I am a quadrillionaire, I will have a house in Tuscany.

I actually am content to live where we are for a few years. Our plan is to stay until Steven graduates. We are both very excited because he will start at Blinn going part-time in the fall. He's waited a long time to go to school. It was very strange but fulfilling having to enter on the FAFSA that both members of our household will be going at least half-time to school next year. It makes me feel that we are on our way!