Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PS - sort of

I just finished my last class and I realize while walking to the computer lab that it has been cold, dark and rainy every day I've been at school. I like cold better than hot for sure, but being rained on between classes and going to my car makes things a little difficult. But of course, rain is good. I prefer rain to snow I think as far as driving is concerned. Then again - rain is not as pretty as snow, and not nearly as fun as we found out on our Christmas trip! :)

Oh yeah - and my English prof. said the people in early civilizations around the Mediterranean like Egypt, Italy, Crete, etc. didn't have wheat. I wasn't sure that I heard him correctly so I asked him after class (I never correct professors because I'm almost always wrong about what I think) if that was what he said. His response was that it wasn't a major crop but they did have enough to make bread. But I know from church that in the time of Moses they used straw to make bricks so I said "Yes, and bricks." He didn't know what I meant so I said, like in the time of Moses. His response was - "Well, I was talking about the Egyptians, not the Hebrews. Hebrews had wheat, not the Egyptians." I left it at that but - "When Israel was in Egypt land...."

I should be nicer but the teacher is my age, he is late for class, and he lets us go after 20 mins. At least he's a nice guy. And 20 min. class isn't such a bad thing!

0 comments: