Monday, September 22, 2008

Feliz Lunes!

Happy Monday! What a contradiction. That's almost oxymoronic. Oh well. But I'm happy today anyway, even if it is a Monday. Today is the day the Lord hath made - rejoice and be glad in it. I shall surely try!

School starts back today after the clean up from Hurricane Ike. I don't have to go until tomorrow because I only have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm actually glad to go back because it almost feels like a fresh start. I didn't start off very well because of some events that took place the weekend before the first day of school. I was very off and in a sort of a funk. I think that's partly why I got sick and have been having issues with my back. Stress just really wears me down and believe me, I have plenty of stress in my life. So I got a break and was able to sort through some things and now am ready to go back and finish up this last semester of core classes. I believe a woo-hoo is in order...woo-hoo!

In regards to my back, I actually feel pretty good. Yesterday was an ok pain day and so far today, I'm feeling fine. I didn't even have any pain medicine last night. I think this is partly due to the fact that Steven and I went to our produce market yesterday. I don't know what it is about the open market but it was wonderful. They had tons and tons of pumpkins everywhere! There were lots of fall goodies everywhere. Seeing those things make me so happy. They were advertising their pie pumpkins and I almost got one but then I realized, I have no idea how to make a pumpkin pie from scratch. I always us the pumpkin from a can. I'm sure my granny would have a recipe though. Or, if any readers have a good one, please let me know!

I don't know why but doing things that are "real" make me so happy. And by that I mean, going to our market where the vegetables are local, non-commercialized, and in the open air. Seeing the jars of honey lined up, gleaming in the sun is so beautiful to me. The bright orange pumpkins stacked beside the multi-colored Indian corn is just gorgeous. Being in places like that makes me feel rejuvenated. I am always astonished at how much we buy and how little we pay for it. We bought 3 lbs. of green beans, 4 bulbs of garlic, 6 green bell peppers, 3 red bell peppers, 6 yellow onions, 3 stalks of broccoli, a pint of cherry tomatoes, a head of green leaf lettuce, a bunch of spinach, and a huge cantaloupe all for $16. And everything is of excellent quality and is much larger than what we would find in a grocery store. I just think it's amazing. We hadn't been in a while and were certainly glad to go back.

All in all, I am feeling really good. I'm so glad to be out of the fog I was in. I've been able to get a handle on my house work and now much put my nose in my books because I must do well in school. I did poorly on the only assignment I've had so far, which I feel is a symptom of my personal life. It only makes me want to try harder. :o)

1 comments:

Latane Barton said...

I wish you had some of my salad tomatoes. Actually the grandson planted them and keeps them watered but I have to do the picking. They are running out my ears!!

Sorry you have been so down but it does take a good trip out into God's beautiful world sometimes to cheer us up.