Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In the light.

Today I feel much better than yesterday, both mentally and physically. There comes a point when I am sick that I am just down and out, and thinking all about my own miseries. Today I feel much better in every way.

It is still true that my family is struggling but like I said yesterday, the Lord will see us through. Yesterday I had a long time of prayer, which seems to always relieve my sorrow. Isn't the Lord wonderful? The trouble is, I don't always know how to pray and some times prayer is difficult. But I think that's part of the whole picture anyway. We can't be close to the Lord unless He draws us. I think when I start to feel that I have some control, things start to fall apart. The truth is, there is little I can control and most likely, nothing I can control. I cannot change the past and I don't know if there will be a tomorrow. That's why this blog is called "No day but today." But sometimes, I forget. You would think I could just look up at the title, right? :o)

But today I feel better. In part I think I miss seeing my class everyday. I've grown really attached to my class because I've had them since they were babies. I've been able to "fly" up with them in each class. Now they are in the 4 year old class and are some of the "big kids." They are all currently three but will be turning 4 this year. I love teaching them and it's amazing to see how far they come. Before they could even talk we were learning colors and shapes. Then they all knew their letters while they were still learning to walk. Then in our last class they were able to write their name and all of the letters. Now the older ones are reading and the younger ones are catching up. Teaching pre-school has been a wonderful experience for me. Even though I'm studying to be a high school teacher, teaching experience is teaching experience. Every child (or young adult) has a different way of learning. And discovering how to unlock their little minds is a challenge but also a reward. And when I work on their individual assessments and goals, I can really see how far they have come. I'm going to be so sad when I leave them in the spring to do my Methods. Even though I'll probably be back for the summer, it will be good-bye to some who don't attend in the summer months.

So, all in all, I'm feeling better. I'm having to get adjusted to my new schedule and learn to rebalance everything. I really have a great schedule and I'm home more now than I've ever been since Steven and I got married. But we've been stressed about my financial aid not arriving but when I checked this morning, it had arrived. Things seem to even out when I let go and lay my burdens upon the Lord. Now if I could only remember that! And of course, that there is no day but today.

1 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Hope you are feeling much better and can soon get back to your classroom. Those kiddies will lift your spirits.