Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What a great holiday!

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I know we did. We enjoyed the visit from our family from North Texas so much. They are so much fun, the time just flew by. I was so glad they were able to come and I look forward to another visit really soon!!! -- That is, I hope we get another visit really soon!!!

I always have so much fun cooking for Thanksgiving. This year I made a turkey, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, devilled eggs, gravy, and pumpkin pies. I had never made pumpkin pies but I think they turned out ok. I should have taken pictures of everything but I always forget. Oh well. It was good for the moment at least.

After everyone left, Steven and I went back to the Ren Fest since we had gotten free tickets from a friend. It was really nice just to go alone and take our time. We had originally hoped to be able to go on Friday after Thanksgiving to see one of my oldest friends, (that is, known the longest - she's younger than me!), Georgia, but we were not going to pass up spending time with cousins we don't get to see often. Well, it turns out, Georgia didn't get to go on Friday like she planned so she went Saturday when we did. It was so great to see her! I've missed her so much. We used to be inseparable. If anyone would have told me ten years ago that there would come a time that I would go a year without seeing her, I would have laughed. But now, we have grown up lives that keep us apart. The greatest thing about kindred spirits is that when we reunite, time has no bearing. Those kinds of friends are few and far between.

Our holiday was so wonderful, it's just terrible to have to get back to the daily grind. Actually, it's the daily grind plus some. There are only three more class days before finals and I have loads, tons, MOUNTAINS, of work that must be done before the end of next week. SIGH. I know there is no day but today but sometimes I wish I could hit fast forward. Like to graduation! :o)

1 comments:

Latane Barton said...

What a wonderful holiday for you, family and best friend. Good to hear from you.