Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am thankful for...

* My husband who has changed my life for the better in every way.
* Knowing the truth of God's love and the faith He has given me, despite the carnal weaknesses which are a constant trial against such faith.
* Having been in the depths of despair and raised out of it by my living God.
* A roof over my head. A really nice one at that.
* Having never gone hungry.
* Warm blankets on my bed every night.
* Steven and I having stable jobs.
* The ability to dream big and actually think I'll some day be achieving said dreams.
* Parents who taught me compassion for others no matter how different they are from me. God's children are in every kindred, nation, and tongue and I don't have the ability to discern who is a child of God and who isn't. Only God knows.
* My husband being my best friend.
* Biscuits, gravy, and grits.
* My education. I'll be even more thankful when I have my diploma.
* Freedom. Freedom of thought, speech, and assembly. Freedom to choose, freedom to love, to hate, to hope. Freedom to move, freedom to stand, freedom to disagree. Freedom to be.
* Irrevocable citizenship of America. I guess unless I do something terribly awful, which of course I wouldn't.
* sweet tenderness from my Granny who understood.
* music.
* Strawberry cake.
* Pink.
* The stars, the moon, and the sun.
* Barbie.
* John Adams, Martin Luther King, Jr., Alice Paul, Leonardo da Vinci, Fredrick Douglass, C.B. Hassell, Maya Angelou, Beethoven, Margaret Mitchell, Elvis, the Beatles, and Little Debbie.
* the innocence of children.
* a day of the year set aside for the sole reason of reflection on what one is thankful for. Thank you Abraham Lincoln for instituting such a day.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Latane Barton said...

What a nice post who shows just who you are. I wish you and your sweet hubby a very happy Thanksgiving.

G to the A said...

Happy Thanksgiving!