Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another update

Mema had the surgery yesterday and everything went well. Adhesion on the outside of her colon from prior surgeries caused her intestine to twist and be blocked. They removed the problems and straightened everything out. She went immediately to ICU where she will remain through today. They had her on a respirator but they have removed that now. She's extremely weak and still in a great deal of pain but as of now, everything looks good and she is stable. Thank you for your prayers.

On a different note, I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! We are going to have a busy week ahead of us. Steven's birthday is tomorrow and I've planned a party for him on Friday. Saturday is my nephew Garrett's birthday party even though his birthday is actually on Thanksgiving day. They wanted him to be able to have school friends come to the party. My sister Paula and her boys are coming Friday for Steven's party and staying the night with us for the first time so that they can go to Garrett's party the next day. And, we are being very bad and going to the Ren Fest on Sunday. Kevin won a contest and received 4 free tickets. Since Garrett's party has already been planned and Thanksgiving weekend is the last weekend and we'll all be busy with family, the only day to go is Sunday. Kevin was very generous to invite Steven and me along. I love the Ren Fest and used to go every year, but haven't been able to go in the past few years. Of our group I'm the only one who has ever been so it will be fun for them to experience it for the first time. It's one of the best ones in the country with lots of authentic food, music and shows. Plus the shops of handmade goodies!!!! There's a man that makes copper roses I want Olivia to see. They are just gorgeous!

So we'll have a busy and fun weekend and still have Thanksgiving the next week to look forward to. I love making the turkey and can't wait!!!! Then we'll still have my birthday in a few weeks and Christmas two weeks after that and New Years, too! I almost can't believe how many exciting things we have to look forward to. It seems we've been working and working, going to school, working, and life has been blah, blah, blah - mundane. That's why holidays are so important. They break up the daily grind. And am I ever thankful!!!!

0 comments: