Saturday, November 22, 2008

Another Mema update

After three days of ICU, they have finally put Mema in a room. She had to remain in ICU for extra days because there are some concerns about her heart. She had to be given some blood and her blood pressure is abnormally high. Also, there is some concern about the rhythm of her heart beat. That is, it is abnormal. These issues were not resolved before she left ICU, which is a concern because they said they wouldn't move her until it was resolved. Huntsville Memorial is not always the most reliable hospital so I hope this wasn't a bad move on their part. Also, there is no talk of when she may be out, which is good in a way because they are known to send people home before they are ready. I'm praying this won't happen. She has a really good doctor who I'm confident wouldn't allow that.

Steven's party was really fun last night. I always, ALWAYS, over plan and now we have so many leftovers, it's crazy. Steven is happy though! After all, it was all his favorite foods! There were only ten of us and I think we could have fed at least 25 people with how much food I bought. So now we have to eat through all of these leftovers to make room for the leftovers we'll have after Thanksgiving. It's a good thing we aren't picky and actually like leftovers. In these times, who can afford not to?

Today is Garrett's birthday party and my sister Paula and her boys are going to stay with us for the first time ever! So I better get going with cleaning up the party mess from last night. Have a great weekend!!!!

0 comments: