Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yahoo article and Holidays

Yesterday Steven and I saw the title for an article on the Yahoo front page titled "Best Age to Get Married for the First Time." WHAT?! For the first time? I guess it is a given these days that people will be divorced at least once in their lives. I'm glad I'm never really part of the norm. I didn't read the article but if interested, I'm sure it could be found on Yahoo still.

The best time of the year is coming up and I am so excited!!! Not only are Thanksgiving and Christmas the two best holidays of the entire year, with Christmas being of course, the very best of everything, but our birthdays also happen to fall within the holiday season. I have always gotten very excited about birthdays and holidays. They are so special. I mean, think about it - life is hard enough as it is on a daily basis. It is important to have special days to break it up. Steven and I are turning 25 this year so it's extra special!

I'm very excited about Christmas this year. I don't really know why except that Steven and I are not having to travel this year. That means we won't see his family but they were really ok with it. For some reason it's more expensive to fly to Des Moines than say, Denver or Chicago even when the economy is relatively ok. Right now, the fares are astronomical. Also, my family is having Christmas at my sister's here in College Station, so we get the whole two weeks at home!!! I cannot wait! And this year, we will get to have Christmas morning together, under our own tree, with our own Santa Claus (that's right, we do Santa even though there are no kids - it's my family's tradition), AND...the best of all...we'll actually get to have presents on Christmas this year! Both years prior, Steven and I have not had the money to actually have gifts for each other on Christmas. Believe me, we know all too well how Christmas isn't about the gifts. But this year we can get presents! I can't wait to give Steven his. The problem is, our birthdays are so close to Christmas, it makes it hard to decide what to give when. It's just so exciting!!! For the first time in like, 5 years, I'm excited about the holidays!!!! Time to watch Ralphie and bust out the Bing! But, no matter how excited I am, the rule is steadfast - No decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving! Rules is rules. :o)

Now to just get through the rest of the semester....

1 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.