Friday, February 15, 2008

Finally Friday

I am so glad today is Friday. I've been waiting for Friday since Monday. This has been the toughest week since I've been back to school. I honestly feel it is because I didn't have the weekend to reboost. I use the weekends to get the house organized for the week to lessen the chances of chaos in the week but that didn't happen last weekend because I just did not have the time. Another thing of course is that my work for school this week was heavy.

Now the week is coming to an end. I still have a lot of work to do this weekend but at least I've shaved off a big chunk of it. I'm turning in two of my essays today and that leaves the weekend to study for a test on Monday and begin readings for next week. At least I like what I'm doing. I would just say to people entering college, don't leave all of your content area to the last. It makes it really hard when you are in nothing but all of one kind of class. By far I think this is my hardest semester. The summer will be tough because of how fast classes go, but I won't just have only history classes or only english classes. Then in the fall I'll do methods which are a different kind of intensity, and then student teaching in the fall. And then.......GRADUATION!!!!!!!! sigh....that's what keeps me going. I should just keep a sign on me that says "Remind me about graduation." Then I'll remember why I'm going through all of this on days like today.

On a different note, Valentine's was a flop. I said a different note, not a better one! We are going to try again today. It was mainly my fault because I have had so much school work this week. But I think we are going to go out tonight and Steven mentioned something about my favorite sushi place so I'm getting a little excited. It's slightly on the pricy side so we only go there on special occasions. And even though Valentine's was technically yesterday, in the Deardorff home, yesterday did not exist. :) That's how rough the day was.

However, like uncle said at church this past Sunday, "I was sorry I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet." I actually used that in one of my essays. It fit nicely with the book of Job we were analyzing. That's a whole other blog for another day. Let me just say, I'm glad that I can maintain what I believe and work it into what "they" expect me to say.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!!

1 comments:

CAB said...

:) We were just talking this afternoon about "writing" back in our school days - you know, the olden days? Ha ha. I'm glad your school experiences are going so well!