Monday, February 25, 2008

Is it spring yet?

Just when I think that spring is springing forth, it withdraws. On one day the temperature will reach almost 80 degrees and the next, I could be needing to bring in my plants to save them from freezing. This is playing major havoc on my allergies, not to mention our air-conditioner. It will be hot in our house one day and the next we need heat. I'm not looking forward to this month's utility bill.

Our weekend was really good. We had the Texas State Sacred Harp Convention in College Station and had a good turn out. I even got some leads for my research project in a place I would have never expected. A lady from Wisconsin was down and happened to over hear my complaining that I hadn't found concrete resources and had found several dead ends. She happened to have a whole list of people I could contact and said I could use her as a reference. And the contacts she gave me are good, reputable scholars which is much easier to site than an enthusiast. It's unfortunate because sometimes a history enthusiast will have better information than a scholar, but because their work isn't published, it doesn't hold as much weight. It's rubbish but I didn't make the rules. Soon I won't have to worry about it anyway since I will graduate!!! Then I can move onto my own studies, whatever they may be. I'm a bit discouraged about school this week and am ready to finish. Big time...

Some extremely HUGE news is that Makiko went home yesterday!!!!! Praise God! She was released from the hospital a whole month early! I know Melissa and Hai are very happy and probably very nervous. Please keep them all in your prayers in this transition. I am praying that Makiko will continue to grow and be healthy. What a blessing she is. I can't wait to see her! Which brings me to....

WE ARE GOING TO COLORADO FOR SPRING BREAK!!! I am so excited I cannot contain it. I am ready to go to the airport this minute! I don't know how I'm going to wait 2.5 weeks! It will be so wonderful to see Aunt Steph and Uncle Ricky. The last time we saw them was Oct. 2006 when they came down to visit. I haven't seen Melissa since she moved Christmas 2003. But what is so great about my relationship with her is that it doesn't matter how long it's been since we've talked or seen each other, it feels like we never parted. My relationship with her is so special to me. But also, I get to see Elizabeth who I haven't seen in who knows how long. It seems like she was barely in high-school when I saw her last. And now she's grown and 20 years old. Steven and I are so excited to get to take this trip. I've been needing to see them for a long time. How am I going to make it through 2 more weeks of school?! Oh yeah...read, read, and read. sigh....

0 comments: