Monday, February 4, 2008

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....lalalala

I just love "Finding Nemo." :)

Last week was a bust. I got the flu and was out of commission for a few days. I'm feeling a lot better now though. I still have a slight cough and my ears keep popping but I'm back on track! I played catch up over the weekend with school work so I am a-OK in that arena. For now....

The weekend went fast! Steven and I went to breakfast at the Kettle on Saturday morning and it brought back a lot of memories. The one near where we live is really nice and has lots of rustic decorations and John Wayne memorabilia. It's pretty cute. Steven even ventured to say that their food was better than Denny's. This is major because Steven LOVES Denny's. In fact, we had our first date at Denny's in San Diego. aww....

After our breakfast we did a lot of errands. We both got hair trims, we got new tennis shoes, went grocery shopping, and took care of some bills. The grocery shopping took the longest because we were out of absolutely everything. We even had to buy ketchup and mustard. Condiments seem to be the things that indicate whether we are low on stuff. We filled up the largest cart at HEB, if that's any indication. The good news is, we don't have to go back for a while!

The rest of the weekend was spent reading and researching. I am starting my senior research for my Civil War class. The topic I've chosen is broadly music of the day. I always tend to study music and I think it's because music is so much a part of my life. I love music so much because it tells us a great deal of what is going on in the world. You can literally see history in music. It's so exciting. Aren't you excited?! :)

0 comments: